Whilst we love ALL weddings, there is something incredibly special about getting married in the winter. Long evenings feel romantic and the idea of people wrapping up warm and looking glamorous makes the day feel unique and out of the ordinary.
Here are a few tips for planning a stylish autumn / winter wedding:
– Eliminate the stress of worrying about the weather by locating everything indoors, other than the getting from one area to another. Then don’t forget to keep the inside of your tipi cosy with heaters and fires.
– Steer clear of the traditional pine cone garlands and festive decorations by opting for seasonal flowers and foliage, such as Hellebores, dried flowers and evergreen foliage, such as, Ivy.
– Think about the plan for the day and organise little details like a warming cup of mulled wine just after
moving from ceremony to reception.
– Perhaps opt for sharing platters, food is always a great ice breaker and conversational point.
– Add to the cosy vibe with plenty of warm lighting with festoons lining the entrance and string lights inside.
– Another way that you can create a stylish and cosy feel is by incorporating our Oak Door set. Perfect to really give the entrance have that wow factor.
– Be wise to the fact that some of your guests may want to creep outside occasionally and create a
covered outdoor area. Fill them with chairs, benches and hay bales, draped in sheepskin rugs.
– Set the stage with a proper dance floor and PA system to get everyone moving later in the evening!
– Having an autumn wedding? Go all out on the theme by using warm tones, pumpkins and fires to set the scene.
Hopefully that gives you some inspiration for your autumn / winter wedding. Browse our website to take a look at the luxury Tipis and all the extras that we have available for hire across Kent & Sussex
Get in touch to discuss and plan your 2021 autumn / winter wedding: